"The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals." ~ Melody Beattie
Lessons For Getting Along With People
2. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully, no matter what the cost.
3. Never lose an opportunity to say a kind word to or about somebody. Praise work well done, regardless of who did it.
4. Be interested in others, their pursuits, their homes and their families. Let everyone you meet, however humble, feel you regard him or her as important.
5. Be cheerful. Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Hide your worries and disappointments under a smile.
6. Keep an open mind on all debatable questions. Discuss, but don't argue. It is a mark of a superior mind to disagree and remain friendly.
7. Let your virtues speak for themselves and refuse to discuss the shortcomings of others. Discourage gossip by changing the subject.
8. Have a respect for the feelings of others. Wit and humor at the expense of a friend is never worth it.
9. Pay no attention to destructive remarks and personal attacks on you. Live so that no one will believe them. Remember, a common cause of backbiting is dissatisfaction with oneself.
10. Don't be concerned about your just due." Do a good turn for the sake of being helpful.