"The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals." ~ Melody Beattie
BLOG COACHING 101
Branding U Online with your Blog
A blog is much like a personal website only its focus is more of a personal journal or diary that's opened up for anyone who chooses to read it. You can share what you're passionate about, what you love and the value you offer to others should they choose to connect with you.
A blog is a wonderful complement to your personal website, newsletters, articles, and overall building your personal brand online.
Your blog writing will center around a specific topic related to your target market. Each post will contain your personal thoughts, experiences, resources, training, coaching relevant to your topic. The key is to develop your style of writing and anyone can do it. When I started online in 1996 I had no degrees or writing experience.
I just dove in and did it! Today I'm a published MLM author. Who would have thought?
Much like the personal website, a blog is another tool to share who you are and begin establishing relationships. However, with a blog, your site visitors can leave comments and the relationship becomes a two way conversation and connects you to your readers.
Everyone seems to be moving in the direction of blogging online so if you have a business and would like to promote your business online, this might be the perfect time to learn about blogging.
People contact me often asking.. "Sue how can I get a personalized website to promote my business and build a presence online and brand myself?" We used to using website builders, now it's all about blogging!
Anyone can promote their business and brand themselves by blogging.
Here are a few tips to getting started with your blog and Branding U!
1. Who is your ideal reader?
2. Examine the reasons or purpose of why you want to publish a
3. How do you want your readers to feel when they read your blog?
What's your writing style - humorous, visionary, educator??
4. What do you want your readers to do when they read your blog? -
call to action
5. How much time do you have to devote to your blog each week?
Start planning a schedule for writing.
6. Name your blog. Think in terms of keywords and target market.
What's your niche? How does it relate to your online presence?
7. Check out my blog here - http://sueseward.ismyblogs.
8. Be sure you register a domain name for your blog; for example my business site is http://www.workwithsue.biz/. I always recommend using your real name to Brand U! So I also use http://www.sueseward.com/ for my personal training website.
9. Set up your blog. Put your real photo on your blog, plus other photos of things you do, love and want to share.
- Choose a template that best suits your style with colors, layout, and side bar items. You can buy Word Press themes as well like I did on my blog or pay someone to design your logo, etc.
- Choose colors that complements your personal website, logo/header
- Set up your content categories and lists
- Develop your "author profile"
10. Drive traffic to your blog site:
- Submit to blog directories and search engines -
- Submit to regular search engines like Google and Yahoo -
- Have a sign up form on your blog so visitors can get your posts by email - this can be set up with an Aweber account. Don't have an account?
Sign up for an AWEBER autoresponder account - then be sure you sign up as an affiliate-
- Syndicate your blog with RSS feeds. Any website you have may offer an RSS feed feature. When you set this up, this means that whenever you post something on your blog, it will show up on the website you've placed the RSS feed.
Also when I write a post on my blogging network there is a share button to post my blog to other networks such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Ping.fm, Yahoo, Plaxo, Linkedin, and others...
This is Viral Power so be sure you register for some of these networks if you have not already do so. For instance with ping.fm you can post a message and viral power it out to more that one network at a time depending on which networks you are registered with. When I post something on ping.fm it gets posted on Twitter and Facebook at the same time.
I've already been receiving more hits to not only my blog and networking newsletter, which I have connected with my blog, it is also attracting visitors to my primary business website as well because there's a link for my business connected to my blog. Nice benefit of a blog when it's branding YOU, what you do, the products and services you offer.
When posting on my blog through wordpress, I can have it show up on my personal website because our site system allows for RSS feeds.
More Blog Training =======> http://www.quickbizsites.com/ecommercehomebiz/follow_sues_blog/