gluten free coaching, cooking
& fitness instructor...(coming soon!)
Monday, 15 October 2012
We have never gotten a flu shot and we're 60 and 62. We do not take vaccines because we just don't trust what's in them. When we do start to come down with something we kick it out very quickly. See how below...
1. We take a high quality vitamin D supplement. Vitamin D is so important for overall health, especially your immune system so be sure this is a part of your vitamin regimen. Check with your physician for proper dosage. We buy the Biotics Research brand from PureFormulas.com (see below for link to order).
2. Some suggest buying a good air filter in the home to filter our bad bacteria and mold spores that could be circulating in the house.
3. Become more active! That's right...exercising regularly can boost circulation and enhance the immune system! As an added bonus it helps burn calories and toning up, too!
4. We take supplements specifically designed to boost our immune system and others below. Here's a few to consider Vitamin C, Cat's Claw, Royal Garlic, Probiotics and Zinc.
5. We try to eat foods that are rich in immune-boosting spices such as curry, thyme, chyenne pepper, rosemary, ginger, garlic and cilantro.
6. We wash our hands especially after returning from the grocery store and use those handy wipes they have for the carts! It's as easy as that! Many bacterias and viruses come from touching contaminated surfaces so something as simple as washing our hands more frequently can drastically decrease our odds of coming down with a cold or sinus infection.
7. Get plenty of sleep! When we don't get enough sleep, our immune system is compromised.
8. We are reducing our levels of chronic stress. Stress depletes essential nutrients in our body and compromises our immune system. Supplements like magnesium and inositol are important in keeping stress levels at a minimum.
9. We keep an emergency supply of *Lauricidin on hand (see below to order online). This natural antibiotic not only helps treat current infections but can also be taken as a preventative measure when viruses and bacteria are floating around in the air.
10. Cleaning up our diet! Dairy products, such as butter and cheese, carry a lot of bacteria and can weaken the immune system. We try and make sure our diet is rich in colorful fruits and vegetables, which are high in vitamins, minerals and immune-boosting antioxidants.
**I've also been taking some supplements for over a year now to heal my gut from Dr. Thomas O'Bryan who specializes in gluten sensitivities and celiac disease. His products are not sold through Direct Selling. It's called 'Gluten Sensitivity Pack' and includes vitamin D, fish oil and supplements for the joints. There's more information about him, his resources and the ingredients in his supplements on my website at GlutenFreeLady.com
*We buy Laurididin (the Beads) from (this is not an MLM or direct selling company and we are not compensated from orders through them) -
*I consume products that are Gluten Free, with NO Sucralose/splenda, NO artificial sweeteners, no GMO's - Find Out More About the Products I take and recommend at GlutenFreeLady.com
http://www.pureformulas.com/ (this is not an MLM or Direct Selling company and we are not compensated for any orders. We order various brands from their site from BiTic Research. I have taken a natural Thyroid product brand from Biotics Research called GTA Forte recommended by my holistic doctor since 2005)
The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.